Summary of Grant Application Form
Bega and Timis that binds us
Location(s): Romania and Serbia, settlements from Timis county and Voivodina,
located by Bega or Timis rivers
Amount requested from Ministry of European Integration/ European Agency
for Reconstruction Serbia
Developing the attachment to the own region and creating a regional
identity by pulling out the common elements.
Elaboration of concrete instruments that will achieve a better mutual
knowledge about the people living on the other side of the borderline.
Increase of the interest and the level of knowledge for the different
the following information:
relevance of the action to the objectives of the programme
of the projects activities have the goal to a better knowledge of the
neighbors and to develop long term partnerships. Mutual knowledge and
respect – promoted during the whole project – are the elementary
elements of the relations coherency between the local communities.
relevance of the action to the priorities of the programme
the project implementation 3 face to face meetings will take place:
exposition, trip to Serbia, trip to Romania. The activities results
will be mutual knowledge, development of regional identity and long
relevance of the action to the target groups
project activities, the realized volume and DVD containing the materials,
will contribute to the attachment to the own region and the creation
of a regional identity, and will increase the disposition to cooperate,
to develop bilateral partnerships.
case of complementary projects:
please provide the following additional information:
brief description of the complementary project from the other side of
short description of the relation between your project and the complementary
Description of activities
the title and a description of each activity to be undertaken to produce
the results, specifying the role of each partner (or subcontractors)
in the activities.
Creation of the project implementation
preparing, promotion of the activities.
The responsibilities and the attributions of each member will be defined.
A press campaign will take place in order to provide the regional mass-media
with information about the project. The projects platform will be realized
on the Foundations web page.
· Implementation team
· Activity plan
· Promovation of the project
· Projects platform on the Foundations web page
· The Partner with his own implementation team is participating
at this activity.
Contactation of the participating settlements and preparing the materials
settlements from Serbia are as follows:
· Located on the shore of the river Bega: Novi Itebei, Torac,
Jitiste, Klek, Ecica, Lukino Selo, Belo Blato, Muzlja etc.
· Located on the shore of the river Timis: Iasa Tomici, Surian,
Boca, Secani, Sarcia, Neizina, Botos, Tomasevat, Orlovat, Uzdin, Idvor,
Farkajdin, Sacul, Baranda, Opovo, Sefkirin, Glogoli, Iabuka
The settlements from Romania are as follows:
· Located on the shore of the river Bega: Luncani, Românesti,
Bethausen, Monostiur, Margina, Ghiroda, Otelec, Uivar, Bodo
· Located on the shore of the river Timis: Peciu Nou, Sag, Urseni,
Cherevesu mare, Costei, Cruceni, Albina, Dragsina, Foeni, etc.
local authorities, Community Centers, ONG’s of these settlements
will be contacted to promote the project, and at least 20 settlements
from the list above will be selected to participate in the project.
In each settlement a contact person will be named.
From each settlement will participate 4 – 5 children between 10
– 15 years of age.
In this activity phase the target group has to create the materials:
essay, pictures, drawings, paitings.
· Promovation of the project
· At least 20 participating settlements from the border region
· Obtaining the target group
· 80 – 100 participanting children
· 80 – 100 elaborated materials
· The Partner is participating at this activity by contacting
and selecting the settlements from Serbia, by keeping the relation with
the contact person, by guiding the target group.
Organization of the exposition
exposition will be organized in Timisoara, during two days.
There will be invited 4 – 5 person/settlement, regional press
and the implementation team.
This meeting will have two parts:
Each group will expose their materials and present their settlements.
The whole activity will be filmed, this material will be found on the
Workshop: During this workshop the settlements representatives will
have the opportunity to discuss the common projects and activities,
to share necessary contact data for ulterior collaboration: web pages,
e-mail addresses, phone numbers and the addresses of their institutions.
exposed materials will remain in Timisoara until the end of the project.
· Organized exposition
· 20 participating settlements from the border region
· About 100 participants at this meeting
· Stabilited contacts
· Electronic version of the exposition
· The Partner is participating to the exposition and workshop.
Publishing of the volume
volume will contain every material. Each essay will be published in
the author’s language. Translators will be contacted to realize
a summary of each essay in the following languages: romanian, serbian
In the volume each settlement will be presented by a short description,
followed by a representative photo and the materials about these settlements.
The volume will be published in 2.000 copies.
The DVD will also be realized in this phase of the project.
· Final version of the volume
· 2.000 copies of the volume
· Projects DVD in 2.000 copies
· The Partner with his own experts participate to the finalization
of the volume.
Bega - Timis Caravan
disseminate the results the Bega – Timis Caravan will be organized.
This includes two regional trips.
20 participants from Serbia will travel on the river shore visiting
at least 5 settlements from Romania and vice-versa. The traveling group
will be hosted by the participants and the local authorities from the
visited settlements. Within these visits the projects results will be
· The volume will be presented and handed over
· The DVD will be presented and handed over
· Bega – Timis Caravan
· Disseminating the results by presentation of the volume and
· At least 20 – 20 participants at the Caravan
· At least 5 – 5 visitated settlements
· The Partner is participating by the preparing an implementation
of the Caravan.
the whole period of the implementation periodical evaluations will be
· Intermediate and final reports.
· The Partner is not participating at this activity.
methods of implementation
Project meeting with the implementation team
- Press campaign
- Creation of the projects platform on the Foundations web page
- Direct contacting of the settlements
- Preparing the material
- Organization of the exposition
- Proceeding the workshop
- Assurance of communication possibilities
- Condition assurance for the finalization of the volume
- Subcontract the publisher
- Multiplication of the projects DVD
- Organization of the Bega - Timis Caravan
how the action is intended to build on a previous action (where applicable)
level of involvement and activity of other organizations (partners or
others) in the action
The Partner participate in contacting and selecting the settlements
· Keeps the relation with the contact persons and guides the
target group from Serbia
· The Partner is participating in the organization and implementation
of the exposition and workshop
· The Partner participates with his own experts in the finalization
of the volume
· The Partner participates in the preparing an implementation
of the Caravan
reasons for the role of each partner
roles are justified by the partners professionalism in the elaborating
of instruments like this volume, by the permanent opinion exchange.
The partner will assure the permanent internal control.
team proposed for implementation of the action (by function: there is
no need to include the names of individuals here, except for the individuals
in key position who’s CVs must be attached - see the Annex F for
Manager (dr. Bodo Barna) – 12 months
Assistant manager (Schwarz Katalin) – 12 months
Financial manager (Kása Zsolt) – 12 months
Coordinator of the Romanian group (Erdei Ildiko) – 7 months
Coordinator of the Serbian group (Balanyi Sándor) – 7 months
1.8 Duration of the action 12 months
Semester 1 Semester 2
Activity Month 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Implementing organism
1. Creation of the project implementation Diaspora Foundation and Partner
2. Contactation of the participating settlements and preparing the materials
Diaspora Foundation and Partner
3. Organization of the expozition Diaspora Foundation and Partner
4.Publishing of the volume Diaspora Foundation and Partner
5. Bega - Timis Caravan Diaspora Foundation and Partner
6. Project evaluation Diaspora Foundation
Expected impact on target groups
how the action will improve:
the situation of target groups
this border region there barley exist common activities and collaborations.
Through the project provided knowledge the target group will handle
the common regional problems, which will contribute to the development
of local – regional identity. The herewith created cross-border
relationships will contribute to long term collaboration and cross-border
the technical and management capacities of target groups or partners
when this project does not handle managerial skills, the projects actions
will involve a managerial part: open minded approach of the neighbors,
change of mentality, development of the regional identity and vision.
Short-and long-term impact
distinguish between the following three dimensions of the short and
The financial aspect (how will activities be financed when the grant
the projects completion the Foundation will assure the future functionality
of the projects platform on the web page, which contains the relevant
data about the participant localities.
Institutional level (Will structures allowing the activities to continue
be in place at the end of the action? Will there be local "ownership"
of action outcomes?)
existing structures will exist further:
· Such volumes can be realized with other subjects, keeping the
· New fraternities between the border settlements
· The Foundations web page will provide any information about
Policy level (What structural impact will the action have - e.g. will
it lead to improved legislation, codes of conduct, methods, etc?)
projects structural impact will, first of all, be realized on social
level. It will lead to a different approach of cross-border relationships.